Monday, July 20, 2009

All Filler, No Killer

Blogheads Unite!

Here's some complete and total filler for your Monday morning:

A Facebook music quiz!

You know these things. They fill your mini-feed. You're tagged in their notes. And you pretend you're cooler than them while reading every single one and stopping short of filling one out, but definitely part in your head.

So, I saw one that I thought was a good premise and took it as a challenge:

Using song titles from only one artist, answer the following questions.

My Artist:
Pearl Jam.

My Reason:
How about four reasons?
1) They're probably my favorite band. They're definitely the band that has meant the most to me. So, they're my first thought for questions like this.
2) They have an enormous catalog. So, many titles to choose from.
3) They're still a challenge. Given their one-word titles and lyrical abstraction, answering a question completely and literally won't be easy. For example, picking Dylan would be fun, but it would also be easy. Dylan's got a title for everything. "What did you have for lunch today?" Then you find a bootleg from his Buddhist phase in the mid 80's called "Ham Sandwich with the Devil, and a Side Order of You" and your work's done.
4) I wanted to know, once and for all, if there is any literal sense to be made out of "Yellow Ledbetter."

We'll find out:

Pick your Artist:
Pearl Jam

Describe yourself:
"I Am Mine."
Runner Up: "In Hiding" (could describe my temporary status)
Tempted By: "Cropduster" and "Animal"

How do you feel:
"Alive."
Runner Up: "Gone"
Tempted By: "Unemployable"

Describe where you currently live:
"Thin Air." (Literal)
Runner Up: "Parting Ways" and "Leaving Here"
Tempted By: "Fatal"

If you could go anywhere, where would you go:
"Around the Bend."
Runner Up: "Oceans"
Tempted By: "Satan's Bed"

Your favorite form of transportation:
"MFC." (Acronym for "Mini Fast Car.")
Runner Up: "Long Road" and "Footsteps"
Tempted By: "Gremmie Out of Control"

Your best friend is:
"Brother."
Runner Up: "Better Man"
Tempted By: "Pilate"

What's the weather like:
Um, "Bugs"?
Runner Up: "In the Moonlight"
Tempted By: "Black, Red, Yellow"

Favorite time of day:
"Low Light."
Runner Up: "In the Moonight," again
Tempted By: "Let Me Sleep"

If your life was a TV show, what would it be called:
"Light Years."
Runner Up: "Rearviewmirror"
Tempted By: "Severed Hand," "Untitled (Red Dot)," and "Hey Foxymophandlemama, that's me"

What is life to you:
"Immortality."
Runner Up: "Do the Evolution" and "1/2 Full"
Tempted By: "Life Wasted" (it's a layup)

Your fear:
"Hard to Imagine." (I ain't scared.)
Runner Up: "World Wide Suicide"
Tempted By: "Dirty Frank" and "Bee Girl"

What is the best advice you have to give:
"Smile."
Runner Up: "Get Right"
Tempted By: "Whipping"

Thought for the Day:
"Don't Gimme No Lip."
Runner Up: "Go"
Tempted By: "Yellow Ledbetter" (Yes!)

How I would like to die:
"Let Me Sleep"
Runner Up: "Last Exit"
Tempted By: "World Wide Suicide" and "Rats" and "Green Disease"

My soul's present condition:
"Faithfull."
(Tempted by "Comatose.")
Runner Up: "1/2 Full"
Tempted By: "Push Me/Pull Me"

My motto:
"I'm Open."
Runner Up: "Go"
Tempted By: "Hey foxymophandlemama, that's me"

Aight, y'all know the drill. Pick your artist and fill in your answers. Post them to the comments and let's see what's what!

The waiting drove me mad,
CM

No comments:

Post a Comment