Thursday, October 09, 2008

You've Got Questions, I've Got Radio

I've got to assume that even the most avid Milam Blog Readers grew weary of the week-long shameless self-promotion by Monday morning. Hey, look, me too! Let's get a scone and talk about what a blowhard I am.

Of course, that's not going to stop me from doing more shameless self-promotion this week. Let's tackle THIS plug in Q&A format, giving you, the reader a voice. Maybe a voice that sounds a lot like Emmylou Harris. Maybe that's your voice. We'll work the specifics out later.

Question: I heard you on the radio, right?
Answer: Yes, yes you did.

Question: What was that song that I heard on the radio?
Answer: That song was called "On My Way." It's the first single off this record. Lightning 100 has been kind enough to play it all week to promote the record's release.

Question: What's a Lightning 100? It sounds scary.
Answer: It's not, I promise. It's a radio station that plays a lot of independent music, and supports local artists. They're playing "On My Way" as their Local Spotlight this week. They spotlight a different local artist every week. Cool, right?

Question: I'm still scared.
Answer: Listen, I can take you to their studios right now. There's nothing to be afraid of. They have a very nice girl at the front desk and they even sometimes have candy.

Question: Candy?
Answer: Sometimes.

Question: When are they playing "On My Way?"
Answer: Usually around 2:40PM every day. It'll be on today and tomorrow. If you don't live in Nashville, you can listen live here by clicking the gigantic Listen Live button on the page. Tight, right?

Question: Yesterday you wrote about Music City Unsigned and how they do things the "right way." And today you're writing about Lightning 100 and how they're doing things the "right way." But what they have in common is that they're both helping promote your new record. This is very self-serving of you.
Answer: I'm waiting for a question.

Question: How self-serving are you?
Answer: Very. Hey, look, new web design!

Question: On a scale of 1 to Megan Fox, how awesome is Band of Horses?
Answer: Very. Somewhere between "Bluegrass Brewing Company" and "jeans that fit."

Question: Wanna go listen to Band of Horses and find some BBC?
Answer: Yes, yes I do. After 2:40.

SHOW THIS SATURDAY...
--CM

No comments:

Post a Comment