Friday, August 21, 2009

Day 6, 7:52 AM

Thoughts while wondering if Girl from Top Chef is the best...

--It's weird how tiredness gets compartmentalized. Six days in, and I'm a little tired. But the weird thing is that I'm not tired at all in the studio. I'm not even a little tired while tracking. It's other things--watching TV, reading email, etc.--that make me fall asleep in my chair like someone's sad uncle.

--If there are any fantasy football geeks out there who have a definitive choice at #2 in this year's draft, I'm all ears. I've heard the arguments, I've seen the angles, and I still have more arguments against anyone than for them. That's not a good thing.

(Sorry for the football talk, Blogworld. I'm posting twice daily this close to the season, it's bound to happen.)

--Fine, I'll say it: crossing guards are another reason Why I Don't Like Old People. In fact, rossing guards might be the definitive example of why I don't like old people. They're not just inconvenient, but they're obtrusive, unreasonable, and cantankerous. You always get sad when you see one in the distance. You know you're silently being judged, your every move hawkeyed like a Russian spy. They're "serving a purpose," but that purpose sucks out loud and probably isn't necessary.

--On a completely unrelated note, what are we doing with Antarctica? That's a lot of unused space if you ask me. Could fit some condos, a Luby's or three. Just saying.

Today's Breakdown!

On the Docket:
--More vo-kills. Wahoo!
--Probably some cleaning up/editing/miscellaneous tracking if anything sticks out.
--Keys, if there's time.
--It'll be a good, full day. Gonna earn that day off tomorrow.

Currently Listening To:
Tom Petty, "It'll All Work Out"

Today's Horoscope:
"Today you are getting a crash course in multi-tasking. At first it is nothing more then a juggling act, but if you stay with it, it will become a controlled skill. The Universe is giving you lots of options right now, so you need to pick and choose which ones will work best for you."

Listen, Horoscope.com, I've been multitasking. Maybe THE STARS are just now figuring out how to do more than one thing at a time (be hot and bright, maybe?), but I've been at this party. I got here early. Welcome.

Today's Weather:
"Mostly cloudy through mid morning...then becoming partly sunny. Isolated showers and thunderstorms. Highs in the mid 80s. West winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 20 percent."

So, monsoon? But check this out:
Friday - 85/63
Saturday & Sunday - 79/59

Fifties! Let's do this, Fall. Let's DO this.

Finally, here's me this morning, firing twelve shooters like a car salesman/quarterback from the seventies/Shooter McGavin.

It's amazing to think where we were just a few days ago, where each song was in the process and where it is now. Obviously there's still a lot of work to do--tracking, then the whole mixing process--but I already can't wait for y'all to hear this record.

If you'd like a sneak peek of many of the songs, you'll definitely want to hit up the...

Wait for it...

Obligatory plug coming...

Going Away Concert!
The Basement
September 4
Chris Milam/Me with Matt Woods, Nick Pagliari, Moriah Harris, and Brett Favre*
8PM
It's going to be an awesome night. Lots of surprises in store. You'll want to come early!

Mind with a heart of its own,
CM

No comments:

Post a Comment