Thursday, August 20, 2009

Day 5, 8:09 AM

Whew, that was a good day. Finished percussion, tracked all the bass and electric guitar parts. Even had time to--wait for it--eat dinner.

Behold the salsa trio.

And if you're thinking, "Chris, salsa isn't dinner. You have to eat other things for it to be dinner," I say, "who are you and who shaped your narrow worldview?" I gets down on the salsa trio. I also got down on "The Special," which was a big, spicy mess.

Other Things Accomplished Yesterday:
1) Determined, once and for all, that coaching college football would be harder than coaching in the NFL. I say a job's difficulty/stress level is directly proportional to the number of people you have to answer to. The NFL's more time-consuming, and the stakes are arguably higher, but there are less cooks in the kitchen. Every college coach's decision has to run a gauntlet of athletic department, admissions, boosters, alumni, fans, media, and the NCAA. That's before they can ever step foot on the field and deal with 100 teenagers.

Of course, if you coach for the Raiders, all of this is void. You win. And lose.

2) Battled the biggest spider ever. And when I say "biggest spider ever," I don't know how else to describe it. Outside comic books and cartoons, I've never seen anything like it. It had an exoskeleton. I thought those were a myth from science class, like bionic arms, or evolution.

It's hard to tell here, but its web stretched ten feet across Steve's driveway.

Look, I've been to the Congo, I've been to the Amazon, I've worked in the zoo, okay? This ain't my first insect rodeo. My first and only real thought about this spider was, "it's going to kill us all."

So, when I say "battled the spider," I mean we took pictures of it and repeated "holy crap" for fifteen minutes.

Let's take a look at Today's Breakdown:

Today's Agenda:
--Lay down some vocals. We'll only take a day shift today, so expect another blog this evening.
--Defeat the spider.
--Rejoice.

Currently Listening To:
Fountains of Wayne "No Better Place." You heard me. God bless shuffle.

Today's Horoscope:
"The money star is once again shinning down on your life. You've waited patiently without major stress, so now you're ready to reap the fruits of the harvest. Just take it all in stride, for you money is just a means to an end and another aspect of your fabulous life."

Who wants to buy a yacht???

Today's Forecast:
"A line of showers and thunderstorms will be entering northwest middle Tennessee in the next hour. This line is moving eastward at 25 to 30 mph. Expect this activity to continue eastward this morning and enter Davidson County around 10 am. Residents affected by this weather may expect gusty winds...frequent lightning...brief heavy rainfall."

So, "English again" is the forecast. I like that my brother goes to the UK and tosses back their climate.

Finally, the Album Title List:
Dunch
Tigerjacket
Green Clear
Steve's Miracle Pole
(Parentheses)
Polaris Man: A Journey through Time and Water

Quiet Storm
Funky Strut Tambourine
Pirate Battle
Insect Rodeo

Hit up the comments to vote or suggest a new one!

This is me this morning, out the door, as if called by the siren song of recording fun and spiderwars.

Check back this evening for another update!

High heat,
CM

No comments:

Post a Comment